If You are Dry Skin
Usually dry skin people are non-acne prone. But If you are dry skin and breakout with heavy oils and creams then you have to be cautious.
- Firstly be sure that you use a Gentle Cleanser. You can use a cream cleanser or Oil cleanser to melt makeup and sunscreen. But if you are dry and acne prone, removing the remaining oils with a water based cleanser is a good idea. If you cannot use cleansing oils or creams, you best bet would be to wipe with micellar water and followed by water rinse.
- Now use a hydrating gel with hyaluronic acid and niacinamide, these are actives that target both short term skin hydration and long tern skin hydration
- Use a cream rich in oils, butters or emollients. If you are non acne prone these oils can be any common oils like Olive oil, Almond Oil, Apricot Oil etc and butters like shea butter, cocoa butter etc
- But if you are acne prone dont rely on creams based on natural oils.
- Always use exfoliants. Lactic Acid exfoliates and also keeps skin hydrated. So best exfoliant for dry skin than glycolic acid.
- And Adding anti oxidants keeps skin youthful and lessen the sun damage and environmental damage. You can use oil based antioxidants like Vitamin E and also add water based antioxidants like niacinamide and Vitmain C.
Suggested Products for Dry Skin,
- Water wash or apply honey and wash off or use a powder based mask + cleanser to wash. But no facewash
- White Lotus Moisturiser 1-2 pumps + Anti Oxidant serum 2 drops, you can mix them and apply
- Add 4 drops of Squalane Vit E oil, to the moisturiser
- For Cleansing : Use micellar water or very mild facewash to remove makeup/ sunscreen and then water wash
- Apply 5-6 drops of AHA Serum on wet face ( use this only twice or thrice in a week)
- Wait for 10 -15 min
- Apply White Lotus Moisturiser + add 4 drops of Facial oil
- You can choose Rosehip Helicrysum oil for maximum anti aging effect, or simple Hemp Geranium for healthy oil production on dry skin. Or you can simply use Olive, almond, apricot or peach oils.