AHA Exfoliating Serum
Gotu kola (Centella) is a fantastic skin rejuvenation herb and Green Tea is a great antioxidant with sun protective properties and also helps reduce acne.
Hyaluronic Acid hydrates skin. We use two types of Hyaluronic Acid, High Molecular weight, and Hyaluronic Acid Crosspolymer which is very very high Molecular weight and is lightweight.
Lactic Acid 10%
Aqua, Lactic Acid, Propylene Glycol,Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide,Camellia Sinensis(Green tea) Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum
1. Add 2 drops added to your cream for beginners or sensitive skin, twice a week.
2. Once your skin tolerates it well, After Facewash, dry skin, apply AHA 2-4 drops and leave on for 10 min before you use the next product, this ensures maximum exfoliation. Please don't use it on damp skin.
How to avoid reaction with water based serums?
Add 1-2 drops of Squalane to the water based serums and apply. When skins' barrier is damaged, skin can be quick to react. Skin has very small dry cracks, they needs emollients(oils) to fill up those cracks. If actives are applied to such cracks then irritation can occur. Its best to apply light non problematic emollient moisturiser or oil like squalane first and then apply water based serums on top. Your actives will work slower this way but you wont take chances with irritation. Alternatively add 1 drop of Squalene to water based products and apply.
1. Pregnancy & Lactating Moms: Lactic Acid can be safely used during pregnancy.
2. Sun Sensitivity: There are no studies that show lactic makes skin sun-sensitive. But there are studies on Glycolic Acid and Sun sensitivity.
3. Mixing with BHA: if your skin is well tolerant of acids then you can mix. Please note that everyone's skin is different and everyone has different tolerance levels. So please use based on your skin tolerance levels.
4. Mixing with Vit C: Ascorbic Acid is also low pH (3.5), so can be used after AHA, but form people it will be irritating to the skin. So use at alternate times.
5. Mixing with Suganda Anti Oxidant Serum. AO serum is ph 6 so its best to wait for 15 min before using AO serum.
6. Can we use it Daily? You can use it for 5 days in a week and let your skin rest for the remaining 2 days, this will ensure that no over-exfoliation takes place. A certain study shows that giving break of 2-3 days from exfoliation can recover the skin from any possible damage by over exfoliation.
7. Can it Help Acne? Yes, keeping pores clear will always reduce the chances of future acne.
8. Over Exfoliation can cause barrier damage. incase your skin gets dry or irritated, pls stop acids for a week, and then you can start with reduced frequency.
9. How to know if I have over exfoliated? Everyones skin is different. So you need to watch out for signs of over-exfoliation. When it is over exfoliated, it turns red and feels a bit like sand paper. Then start exfoliation for a week and then start slowly.
Color may change sue the nature of natural extract. This serum doesn't oxidise.
Lactic Acid naturally has a sour smell.
Can Lactic Acid Cure Pigmentation?
Lactic acid can exfoliate or remove outer most dead skin cells that are pigmented. But to control the production of melanin and transfer of it from lower layers of skin to upper layers of skin, Using Vitamin C and Niacinmide can be helpful. Also stuff like Azelaic Acid and Retinols help in the process.
Start with atleast one exfoliant + Vit C + Niacinamide topped with a good emollient moisturiser to reduce pigmentation
Exfoliant - Removes upper most pigmented dead skin cells
Vic- Reduced production of melanin
Niacinamide - minimised transfer of melanin from lower layers to upper layers of skin.
How long will it take to reduce Pigmentation?
It will take 6months to 1 year to see any result on pigmentation, when you use the right actives + Moisturiser + Sunscreen. Some may see the results faster
For oily skin, can use AHA serum but if you have blackheads as well then opt for BHA serum
For combination skin, it's suitable
For dry skin, it's suitable
did nothing to my skin type which is dry skin and its ok oky product.
It smells like garbage... literally it reeks of garbage,the smell u get when you walk by a garbage truck.i cant put this on my face.i can't stand the smell.such a waste of money
Hi, that's how AHA smells and we don't add any artificial fragrance. Although the smell will go away within a few mins.
I started getting patchy skin tone after applying this
Definitely helps brightening my dull skin. Might not work on dark spots but skin texture has improved.
More from this collection
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What would you recmmend for 41 years..AHA or BHA? Also, what poduct will work in reducing / preventing age spots? My skin is normal to dry.
Since your skin is normal to dry, we suggest you to try AHA. AHA serum rejuvenates the skin by removing dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. It also helps lighten dark spots.
I will be 23yrs soon.......the area around my mouth is darker than my entire face.......a bit tanned face 4-5 brown spots.....unclear face......i have oily/combination skin but I don't have any acne.......which one to use AHA or BHA to clear up all my skin problems and get a brightning and lightening and spot less radiant glowing skin. I will also buy the anti oxidant serum and white lotus moisturizer along with it.....So which one will be best for me AHA or BHA. I m a beginner in using AHA or BHA
If you are not acne prone go for Rosehip Moisturiser + AHA Serum along with Helichrysum serum.
*Disclaimer: Suganda products do not promise unrealistic results. We use organic proprietary formulations which will help maintain skin in good health and rejuvenate it naturally. Results may vary depending on the skin, health and climatic conditions.