Acne is the most common thing for anyone of a certain age and period, but no one will welcome it when they keep on visiting daily or weekly. There are many profound ways to clear these blackheads, whiteheads, pimples on your skin, but there's also a problem with it too, you must know what type of skin you pose, either dry skin or sensitive skin or oily skin etc, otherwise, the methods you follow might harm your skin worse than acne.
What do you mean by having sensitive skin and how can one identify whether they have sensitive skin?
Imagine, having very sensitive skin that turns red-red on changing products, becoming dark on the explosion of sunlight, burning and peeling when caressed more, this is what sensitive skinned people feel every day.
Acne annoys a lot; for sensitive skinned people, acne rules! There are many good and benefited ways to avoid acne for sensitive skinned people, some of them are mentioned below:Dealing with sensitive skin:
- Identifying the cause of sensitivity:
Skin causes a stinging, tightening, itching and burning sensation on new products is a common symptom for sensitive skin people. But identifying the cause of sensitivity before going to follow any strategy is very crucial.
- Sensitivity of skin might be caused by allergic reactions like eczema, rosacea and skin disorders are one of the reasons.
- Overly dry skin eventually damages the skin nerve endings and causes barrier damage is also another factor in the formation of sensitive skin.
- Avoid violent scrubs and exfoliants:
A deep and hard scrubbing might remove the dead cells, blackheads, but it won't work for sensitive skinned people. Harsh scrubbing causes redness and a burning sensation for sensitive skin. So using abrasive exfoliants, violent gritty scrubs does not cleanse the skin but kills the skin!
- Using proper pH friendly face wash:
The pH of the skin is 5.4-5.9, using products in this pH range helps the skin glow brighter and healthier.
- Sensitive skin easily identifies the sudden change in products you use daily by turning red, itching and creating a burning sensation, so you need to shift to new products as slow as a snail to keep skin healthier. Products that contain alcohol, Antibacterial or deodorant ingredients, soap, Retinoids or alpha-hydroxy acids, and fragrance irritates sensitive skin. So instead of these soaps, acids, fragrances in products, look for aloe, oats, green tea polyphenols, chamomile.
- Skin Hydration:
Hydration stands out from any procedure you follow in keeping sensitive skin healthier. Moisturisers that contain hyaluronic acid and ceramics help in locking the moisture in skin cells for a long time and hydrate the skin from dryness and excessive sunlight. Constant hydration of the skin applying proper moisturiser and serum helps the sensitive skin.
Hyaluronic acid products such as HYALURONIC ACID SERUM is the best product for sensitive skins since it consists
- Sodium Hyaluronate
- Sodium Hyaluronate
- Centella Asiatica Extract
- Avena sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Colloidal Oatmeal), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl glycerin
which helps in treating skin carefully. The products avoid essential oils and fragrances which are the best sensitive skins. It calms down the itching sensation, reveals redness, avoids drying, and moisturises the skin 24/7.
- Avoid products containing niacinamide:
Niacinamide is an essential ingredient in most skincare and face products that helps in brightening the skin, avoiding ageing, inflammation etc but niacinamide can cause irritation for some of us. So, if your skin does not like niacinamide, staying away from it would be a wise decision.