Written By- Richa Das
Would you also find uneven skin tone horrifying? Me too. For no particular reason, one fine day, you suddenly see a tanned body part. How awful is that...? But, after all, we are here to save you. Here we will provide you with some easy-to-go tips for tan treatment for the face and body. So, don’t worry, just follow the lead.
Swimming and body tan go hand-in-hand. Many health enthusiasts, athletes, and other people swim as a hobby. Tan simply refers to the change in skin colour after sun exposure. There are two main reasons why swimming causes tan:
- One of the reasons is that most swimming pools are outdoor areas where your body is exposed directly to the sun.
- The second and most important reason is that the body reacts to chlorinated water.
This blog contains all the necessary information curated on tan removal for both home remedies and OTC products.
Over the counter products
These are the products that you can rely on.
Remove the lid, squeeze it, and use it as a tan treatment for your face and body. It is skincare that we are talking about; it is a serious issue that one needs to take care of. Sunscreen shields the skin directly from UV rays. Before diving into a swimming pool, sunscreen is highly recommended. By using waterproof sunscreen, you can ensure that you have a pleasant day in the sun. It is advisable to
- Use broad-spectrum sunscreen to avoid sun exposure. It also shields your body from both UVA and UVB radiation.
- SPF 30 filters 96.7% of ultraviolet radiation (UVR) and SPF 50 filters 98%.
- Apply it to any exposed skin that can come into contact with sunlight.
- Allow it to absorb into your skin for a few minutes. It is recommended to wait 20 minutes before entering the water.
- The chances of getting sunburned are really high; therefore, reapplying sunscreen is the right way to avoid it 2.
In the worst-case scenario, if you miss out on sunscreen, your chances of getting skin cancer increase. Researchers prove that all skin types can be trapped in it. On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with purchasing waterproof sunscreen such as Ocean Potion Sport 50 Sunscreen lotion or Neutrogena Beach Defense Water + SPF 70.
Exfoliating body wash on a regular basis
Exfoliation is the richest way to make your skin feel happy. We're not just talking about tan treatment for the face; your entire body deserves to be exfoliated as well. The reason is that exfoliators help in removing dead skin cells. We do not see it, but our skin barrier gets damaged if we enter the sun without lathering. An exfoliator removes all the tan and pigmentation. AHA and BHA are the most commonly used exfoliators.
This method is recommended to avoid your ‘shocking face’ reaction. One can use an exfoliating body wash twice or thrice a week.
Body wash exfoliators benefit by smoothing the skin and minimising the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. The skin sheds millions of dead skin cells every day.Some other reasons are
- Age factor
- Improper cleansing and moisturising
- Lack of exfoliation
- Sun damage makes the body's mechanisms slow down.
It's only a matter of time before dullness, congestion, and other blemishes are reborn on the skin.
Exfoliators work on thick body parts such as elbows, knees, and feet.
The most appealing exfoliator is the physical slougher that you will find in various body scrubs. The following are exfoliators that you can rely on-
- Sea Salt: It smoothes the skin and gives your body a detoxified feeling. Dry and dull skin will benefit from it.
- Sugar: It has humectant properties that can be used on the whole body. It helps clear pores and prevents moisture loss.
- Granulated coffee: coffee contains caffeine, which keeps skin tight and toned.
- Grains: Oats moisturise and calm the skin and are better suited for dry and sensitive skin types.
Apart from that, if you don’t want a scrub, it comes in various other forms such as body masks, serums, and cleansers. For example, glycolic acid, lactic acid, citric acid, and malic acid.Vitamin C serum and body lotion for tanners
Vitamin C, or ascorbic acid, comes in a powder form that can be easily dissolved in water. This ingredient can be found in any form, such as serum, body lotion, sunscreen, facewash, or cleansers. Vitamin C is the ideal choice for tan treatment because it reduces melanin production. It also promotes the formation of ceramides in the skin.
Researchers believe that vitamin C serum for tan or any other form of it could be beneficial when used as a topical treatment. It protects the whole body from UV radiation 3. Suganda’s VCIP serum has 15% vitamin C that inhibits pigmentation on the skin and maintains an even tone. Vitamin C has antioxidant properties that fight against free radicals. There are various Vitamin C body lotions that improve tan while swimming also.
There are endless products on the market for tan treatment for the face and body. Vitamin C for tan treatment in any form is considered to be the preferred option. However, sunscreen and exfoliating body wash are equally significant.